When any of the following error indicators appear on the LED display, turn off your air conditioner and call a professional maintenance technician or service center.
|FL||The water collection tank is full and must be drained. Drain the tank and reset your settings.|
|E1||Coil temperature sensor error|
|E2||Indoor temperature sensor error|
|E3||Anti-freezing protection. The air conditioner coil temperature is too low and the unit has turned off automatically. The unit resets itself when the temperature reaches 46.4°F (8°C).|
Problem: Air conditioner does not start
- The air conditioner is unplugged.
- The fuse on the circuit is blown or the circuit breaker is tripped.
- Power failure.
- The current interrupter device in the power cord has tripped.
- FL appears on the display.
- Room temperature is less than the set temperature.
- Make sure that the air conditioner is plugged in and that the plug is pushed completely into the outlet.
- Check the house fuse/circuit breaker box and replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker.
- If a power failure occurs, the air conditioner turns off. When the power is restored, wait three minutes to restart the air conditioner to prevent tripping the compressor overload.
- Press the RESET button located on the power cord plug. If the RESET button will not stay engaged, discontinue use of the air conditioner and contact a qualified service technician.
- The water collection tank is full and must be drained. Drain the tank and reset your settings.
- This is normal. The air conditioner automatically shuts off when the room temperature equals, or is less than, the set temperature. Adjust the temperature setting, if needed.
Problem: The air conditioner does not cool
- Airflow is restricted.
- The temperature control may not be set correctly
- The air filter is dirty.
- There is a heat source or too many people in the room.
- The room may have been hot.
- The exhaust hose is not connected or is blocked.
- Make sure that there are no curtains, blinds, or furniture blocking the front of the air conditioner.
- In COOL mode, decrease the temperature setting by pressing the ∇ button on the panel or the remote control.
- Clean the filter at lease every two weeks.
- Move any heat sources from the room.
- You need to allow time for the room to cool down after you first turn on the air conditioner.
- Connect the exhaust hose and make sure that it is not obstructed and is functioning properly.
Problem: The air conditioner is freezing up
Possible cause: The cooling coils are iced over.
Possible solution: Ice may block the air flow and obstruct the air conditioner from properly cooling the room. Set the mode control to High Fan or High Cool.
Problem: The air conditioner runs too often or too long
- The area to be cooled is too large for the air conditioner.
- Doors or windows are open.
- Consult your Insignia technician for the air conditioner capacity required to cool the desired area.
- Make sure that doors and windows are closed.
Problem: The venting hose is hot
Possible cause: When the air conditioner runs continuously for a long time, the hose becomes hot.
Possible solution: This is normal.
Problem: The air conditioner is too loud
- The unit may seem rather loud for the first two or three minutes of operation.
- A soft, swishing noise can be heard immediately after turning the unit on or off, and during operation.
- This is the sound of the compressor starting up and is normal.
- This is the sound of the liquid refrigerant flowing in the unit and is normal.
Problem: The air conditioner makes an odd noise
Possible cause: An audible gurgling noise may be heard when the unit is operated on a gently sloping floor.
Possible solution: Place the unit on a level floor.